Powered By Blogger
Powered By Blogger

Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Book Review, #1: A Pastor’s Guide to Understanding & Overcoming Church Conflict

Ted D. Manby’s A Pastor’s Guide to Understanding & Overcoming Church Conflict provides practical, biblically grounded advice for handling one of the most difficult aspects of ministry. I especially appreciated the sections explaining the common causes of conflict within a congregation and the emphasis on addressing disagreements with humility, clear communication, forgiveness, and biblical wisdom instead of allowing bitterness to grow. Rather than simply identifying problems, the author offers realistic strategies that pastors and church leaders can apply to restore relationships and strengthen their churches.

This book mattered to me because it reminded me that conflict is not a sign of failure but an opportunity for spiritual growth when handled with grace and wisdom. The author’s balanced approach encouraged me to think about how patience, prayer, and servant leadership can help preserve unity even during challenging situations. I also liked that the advice was practical enough to be useful in everyday ministry while remaining firmly rooted in Scripture. I would recommend this book to pastors, ministry leaders, church elders, Bible college students, and anyone serving in church leadership who wants to better understand the causes of conflict and learn healthy ways to serve. 

I received a free copy of this book and compensation for my time in exchange for an honest review. Laurie 

No comments: